Minecraft 1.20 Pre-Release 1 – Portal Upgrade, Wool Buffs
Minecraft 1.20 Pre-Release 1 starts the timer for 1.20 officially coming out on bedrock and java. It brings a slew of exciting changes, including colored wool, carpets, and beds customization, new damage types, loot table changes, and more.
Significant changes in this update include the ability to dye colored wool, carpets, and beds to any color of choice. This addition is sure to open up new avenues for creativity and customization within the game.
- Colored Wool, Carpets and Beds can now be dyed to any other color
- Added new damage types: outside_border and generic_kill
- Random sequences for loot tables are now deterministic
- Changes in server.properties encoding
- string data sources for the data command now accept negative boundaries, which are interpreted as index counted from the end of the string
- Players outside the world border are now hurt by the damage type outside_border instead of in_wall
- Forcibly removing an entity using i.e. the /kill command now uses damage type generic_kill instead of out_of_world
Loot Table Random Sequences:
The game now uses named random sequences to deterministically produce loot for loot tables. Each random sequence produces a unique sequence based on the world seed and sequence ID, which means a loot table will produce the same results when ran with the same parameters in the same world.
The ID of the random sequence to use for a loot table is specified in a new field called random_sequence.
- File is now read in UTF-8 initially, with previous encoding (ISO 8859-1/Latin 1) as a fallback
- File is now written with UTF-8 encoding
How to install:
- Please visit the following link for full instructions: How To Download & Install Minecraft Snapshots
Minecraft 1.20 Pre-Release 1 Download Links
Client: Download from Server 1
Server: Download from Server 1